Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Waleska's thank you


Good day to all the sponsors. I wish that all-powerful God would pour down many blessings upon you. I am very grateful to God and to you all for the kindness and goodwill that you have toward us. With the love of Christ I relay the following: I would like to tell you a little about my life. I live with my mother and my three sisters. Five years ago, my father separated from my mother. Then on December 28 he passed away. He never even remembered that we existed, not him or his family. My mother, in her poverty, has known how to press on. One year, she worked in a grocery store and other years she worked as a cleaning lady. She earns 1500 Lempiras per month (about $80). When she receives her pay, she buys us food. She also does little side jobs like washing clothes (by hand) and ironing. My little sisters are in school too. My younger sister is in 5th grade and the littlest is in 4th. My older brother is a preacher. He works and studies on the weekends too. I graduated from 6th grade last year and I hope that I will be able to take advantage of this help that you all are giving in order to come out ahead and to be the person that can help my family by obtaining a career in the university some day.
I hope to meet my sponsor very soon. I have conviction and the certainty that God is going to grant me this wish. Take notice that Trujillo is quite nice. It has a very beautiful bay (if you ever want to come visit, in other words!).
I would like to tell you that my whole family belongs to the Church of Christ. My brother preaches and my mom has been a member of the flock for 14 years. In the church, I am the children’s Bible class teacher. If you would like to help with the kids, call me.
My little sisters and I are following the same path that Christ has set forth. We hope and trust that God will never separate himself from us. Ok, I think I have told you some about my life. I hope to see you soon! Thank you!

Sincerely,

Elda Waleska Loza Contreras (12 years old)

Smile, Jesus loves you!

*Waleska is in her first year of high school, the US equivalent of 7th grade. She has maintained an 84% GPA. She has been teaching the children’s Bible class for a few years and is an exceptional young lady.

No comments: